Yesterday was a long day. I woke up 2 or 3 times the night before because of contractions. They didn’t hurt, but were a constant pressure, and once they ended I was able to go back to sleep. So, when the alarm went off at 6:00, I was tired, but I got up and started getting ready for the day.
At work, I started to notice that I was having a lot of contractions, and that it was causing me to not be able to focus on my job at all. So, I quickly downloaded an app to time them, and noticed that they were coming about every 15 minutes. The contractions weren’t painful, just a whole lot of pressure. As time went on, they began to get a smidge stronger, so I called my midwife’s office to see what they wanted me to do since I’m only 36 weeks pregnant, and the baby isn’t considered full term.  

I called them at 10:30 in the morning, after having regular contractions for over an hour and a half. I called them back at 12:30, but couldn’t get anyone to pick up, and then I called again at 2:45. After being on hold until 3:00, I was asked to come into the office so someone could check me to see if this was real labor or not.

After quickly packing a bag (just in case), I got to the office, and all 3 of the midwives in the practice were not in….So, I had to see an OB I’d never met before. The baby’s heart rate was in the 130-140 range and looking good. The OB checked me, and there was no change to my cervix. So, it was looking like braxton hicks contractions. I was told to go home, drink lots of water and rest.  

After I got home I noticed that my contractions still weren’t stopping, and that they were speeding up and getting a little more intense. At dinner time, my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. I could easily talk through them, they were more of a pressure/crampy feeling than anything else.

The contraction kept coming until around 8, when they slowed down, and they pretty much stopped by 9:30. I did wake up last night with a strong contraction, but I only remember the one.

I’ve had a few contractions today, but nothing regular. Another difference in today is the fact that I’m having back pain that comes in waves (contractions?). That is way more uncomfortable than the contractions yesterday.

I’m really starting to wonder if I’m having pre-labor, and if it is, how long before this escalates into active labor?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s