I wanted to share that I’m having a much better day today, and thank you for all of your support to help get me through yesterday.  I’ve teared up several times, but haven’t actually cried today, so I take that as a good sign.

Once I picked Henry up yesterday, everything got way better.  He was playing and having a good time when I saw him, and that helped my heart a lot.  His teacher did say that he cried a bit (and by a bit I could tell that she meant a lot, but didn’t want to say that) when it was nap time or when he was hungry.  But, that overall he had a really good first day.

After talking to his teacher and signing some more forms, I packed Henry up and we went home.  He ended up falling asleep in the car, and stayed asleep once I brought him into the house.  That gave me time to wash his bottles from that day and get them ready for the next.  He woke up at 6:15, but still seemed really tired.  So, I started getting him ready for bed, which included a bath.  I thought the warm water would help relax him.  I’m sure yesterday was a bit stressful for him too, just because it was different than what he was used to.  So, he had a quick bath, I let him pick which lotion he wanted and I lotioned him up (he chose the Johnson’s All Natural, but most nights he goes for the lavender).  Then diapered and into PJs.

Since he’d been bottled fed all day, I was a little worried about how nursing would go.  I wasn’t sure if he would get fussy because a bottle is so much easier than BF.  But, to my delight, he settled right in and nursed and nursed and nursed.  He was stretched out and nursing for a solid 45 minutes last night.  Before this, it was usually done in under 20.  He seemed to not want to stop, and I didn’t want to give up the cuddle time either, so I let him take his time and we snuggled together.

At 7:40 he was done, and clearly tired and ready for bed.  So, I picked him up, hugged him and kissed him, told him I loved him and said good night.  I put him in his crib, pulled a blanket over him and left the room.  And he didn’t even cry.  He was asleep by the time I walked into my room to get the baby monitor turned on.  And he slept until 6:00 this morning when J got him up.

I’m still a mess in the mornings trying to figure out how to get everything done, and drop Henry off with everything he needs for the day and still make it to work on time (that’s a blog post in and of itself).  But, it will come eventually, I just need to prep way more the night before.  But, overall things are going better.  I still miss him, and I’m pretty sure that I’ll always miss him when he’s not with me.  But even after one day, it’s better and a little easier.


One thought on “Yesterday

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s