I don’t think I’m officially in “nesting” mode quite yet. I believe that you have to be a little further along that I am for it to be nesting. But, I put together a to-do list today of some things that need to happen around the house, and as I only have about 18 more weeks of pregnancy, I need to get going. My plan is to spend tomorrow working on this list. The weird thing is, is that I’m not a “list” person. The only time I ever make a list is when I go to the grocery store, and that’s only because I can’t remember everything that I need otherwise. Apparently, my pregnant body wants me to be more proactive than I have been in the past, so here is my semi-nesting list:
- Clean out the guestroom closet. This closet is a mess. It has become a catch all of all the crap in our house that doesn’t have a “spot.” So, tomorrow I’m going through it all, to organize what I can, and throw away the rest. My hope is that this closet will be empty or close to it when I’m done.
- Clean out the dresser/night stand in the guest room – like the closet, things have just been stuffed in there over time.
- Organize my closet. It’s a crazy mess. I hate putting things away, so clothes just kinda get stacked. I also need to go through it and donate a bunch of it that I never wear.
- Organize my drawers (they look like my closet).
- Clean the master bedroom. Especially the ceiling fan, I keep noticing the dust collection on it in the morning when I’m lying in bed.
- Start cleaning out the office. Move some boxes to the attic (my CD collection) and throw away all the wedding magazines that I bought when planning my wedding 4 years ago.
- Clean the bathrooms.
- Sweep and mop the entire house.
- Stay on top of laundry. Nothing sucks more than having to fold 6 loads of laundry at once….
I don’t think that I can get this all done tomorrow, I’m not that naive, but over the next several weeks I’m hoping that I can get it accomplished. Anyway, the organizing all needs to be done by April so that we can put together the nursery. The cleaning, sadly, is a never ending process. Wouldn’t it just be nice if you only had to clean once and everything would magically stay that way?