Gender

J and I cannot come to an agreement on whether to find out the gender of Poppy Seed.  J wants to know, and I want to be surprised, and that’s as far as we’ve made it in the debate.  J wants to know so that we can refer to the baby as a boy or a girl (we’re keeping names to ourselves until the little one arrives).  I think that there are so few surprises left in life, and this is a good one, and I think that I can actually wait until June/ July to find out and be perfectly content.  So, I guess we have some more thinking to do – or at least convincing.

Even though I want to wait to find out for sure, I do like to take part in the old wive’s tales for fun.  I can’t answer any of the ones on how am I carrying, but here are the ones I do know:

  • The hair on my legs is growing faster during pregnancy – so it’s a boy
  • My feet are colder than they were before pregnancy – so it’s a boy
  • I refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread – so it’s a girl (although I’ve always refused to eat the heel of a loaf of bread)
  • J is gaining weight right along with me (although not nearly as much) – so it’s a boy
  • My mother doesn’t have gray hair – so it’s a girl
  • I had morning sickness early in pregnancy (and still do) – so it’s a girl
  • I’m not looking that great during pregnancy – so it’s a girl
  • My boobs, while bigger, haven’t changed all that much – so it’s a boy
  • According to the Chinese gender chart – it’s a girl
  • My pee is a bright neon color – it’s a boy
  • I have cravings for salty and sour foods – it’s a boy
  • I’ve been craving meats and cheeses – it’s a boy

So according to the Old Wive’s tales, I have a 58% chance of having a boy, and a 42% chance of having a girl.  Plus last night I did dream that the baby was a boy.  We will either find out in 9 weeks if J has his way, or in 30 weeks if I have mine.  I guess only time will tell.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s