I had my first ultrasound at my OB’s office. I actually got to lay back and look at a TV monitor during the ultrasound which was uber cool. The sonographer guesses that Poppy Seed is about 8 weeks and 1 day along, so it looks like I”ll have to move dear Poppy Seed letters to Tuesdays instead of Mondays, which is totally doable. They’re guessing that my due date falls between June 26 – 28.
J and I had a whole list of question to ask the doctor:
- What’s the doctor’s C-Section percentage?
- What’s the office’s C-Section percentage?
- Will they let me go two weeks past my due date before they induce?
- What’s their opinion of a drug free / intervention free birth?
- What percentage of their patients receive pitocin?
- Will they let my labor progress naturally without interventions as long as we’re both doing fine? Even if it’s 16 hours in the second stage of labor?
- Will they let me push on my own without being coached?
- Will they allow me to not have an IV, so I can walk around, or bounce on a ball as much as I like?
- Will they let me be in labor over 24 hours after my water’s broken?
- How often does the doctor / the practice perform episiotemies?
- Is a water birth an option? Are there tubs in the birthing suites?